Carryabag Terms & Conditions
Booking Luggage Transfers Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully. By completing and submitting a booking, you agree to be bound by these conditions which constitute an agreement between Compass Holidays (trading as Carryabag) and you.
You can book our luggage transfer services by completing the booking form supplied on our website, by email or by telephone. By submitting your booking form and providing credit card details you are deemed to have read and understood the relevant baggage transfer and/or accommodation booking information. Confirmation will be dispatched on receipt of the payment. In order to process your booking efficiently, we will require:
- A full Itinerary including:
- Check in dates
- Full address including postcodes and daytime telephone numbers
- Any access instructions required
- Names of guests
- Number of bags
- Contact number for you while in the UK.
Carriage of Bags
Each bag cannot weigh more than 20 kg and if overweight according to our drivers scales, carriage may be refused.
Minimum Baggage Allowance; one bag between two people, two bags between three people, three bags between four people, four bags between five people etc.
Bags cannot have other bags tied to the outside.
If bags are overweight according to our drivers scales, you will be left with a note and a Carryabag Holdall Bag. For the following day you must pack excess luggage into this bag. Costs is £7.50 per holdall which is yours to keep. The additional cost of transferring an extra bag must be paid within 24 hours. You must call the office between 9.00 am – 5.00 pm to make payment otherwise we reserve the right to refuse carriage.
Extra bags can be stored for £25 per bag and will be delivered to your last nights accommodation.
Bags must be ready by 9.00 am for collection and clearly identifiable with your name. Tags will be attached by our driver when collected from your first hotel.
We undertake to deliver your bags by 4.30 pm however Carryabag are subject to vagaries of weather, traffic conditions, accidents or road closures and can be subject to delays. It is your responsibility to factor in delays to your onward travel if departing on the same day that bags are delivered.
Amends to the booking can be made at any time, and will not be chargeable if they are considered to be reasonable. However in the event of full itinerary changes, a reasonable per person administration fee may be chargeable at our discretion.
Should you wish to alter your luggage transfer booking after it has been confirmed by our team you will need to make the requests in writing to email@example.com.
Please advise us if you are staying with an Airbnb provider upon booking your luggage transfers. In order to ensure to process your booking effectively, we kindly ask that full address details are provided along with the host's name, regular and alternative telephone number and details on a safe place where the bags can be left should your host be unavailable.
In terms of payment, we ask for this in full at the time of booking to secure this year's rates. All monies received will be held in a trust account with third party signatory, until such time as the holiday is completed.
We ask for payment in full at the time of booking to secure this year's rates. This money will be subject to our regulatory system and cancellation policy as follows:
- Substitutions of clients on the booking, or cancellation of individual clients will be refunded in full within 10 workings days of notification in writing, as long as more than 75% of the group continues to travel (i.e. if someone in the group drops out, we will refund their portion in full). If less than 75% of the group booking continues to travel, a refund will be made but charges will apply as set out below.
- Amends to the booking can be made and will not be chargeable if they are minor and considered to be reasonable. However in the event of multiple itinerary changes, a £10 per person administration fee may be chargeable at our discretion.
- Cancellation of the booking in full in writing will result in the following charges being applied:
- If cancelled more than 48 hours prior to the transfer(s) commencing the fees will be refunded in full, less a £10 per person administration fee.
- If cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the transfer(s) commencing, the fees will be refunded in full, less a £10 per person administration fee and the cost of the first day's transfer.
- If cancelled or part-cancelled during the holiday before 5.3- on the previous day, we will refund the fee for the remaining transfers less a £10 per person administration fee
Luggage Collection & Drop Off Times
Cotswold Way South
If you are travelling the Cotswold Way South (Chipping Campden to Bath), we aim to collect and deliver your luggage daily between 9am and 4:30pm.
Cotswold Way North
If you are travelling the Cotswold Way North (Bath to Chipping Campden), we aim to collect and deliver your luggage daily between 9am and 6pm.
We always try to be on time, but sometimes the traffic, volume of transfers and unforeseen circumstances can make us a little late. If a delay is recognised, we will try our best to advise and update you as quickly as possible.
Our luggage transfer service prices are based quoted in British Pounds and are valid until 31 October 2020.
Transfer Distance Limitations
If you require a single transfer that exceeds a 20 mile limit, please note a double rate will be charged on booking. Please ensure you are aware of this before booking. Alternatively, please speak to a member of our team on +44 (0) 1242 250 642 for a bespoke quotation.
Complaints/Damage to Luggage
In the unlikely event of a complaint or damage to your luggage, please contact us by telephone immediately within 24 hours of the incident on +44 (0) 1242 250 642 Problems should be rectified there and then.
All complaints should then also be made by writing within 7 days of the problem occuring otherwise we cannot accept responsibility.
Whilst it is not compulsory, we strongly recommend that you take out full holiday insurance.